We just spent four amazing days at Olivia Beach with my family. Though I love it dearly, it's nice to get away from all the hustle and bustle of downtown Portland.

This is our second time renting a house in OB during early fall and the weather never disappoints...half of the days were sunny and half were a little chilly with misty, coastal rain.

On the sunny days we played at the beach, rode bikes, sat on the porch in the warm sun, played in the park and went in the hot tub and had campfires at night.
On the rainy days, we watched movies, played air hockey and pool (Chris taught me and I lost. Big time), went shopping at the outlets, played Catchphrase and just plain relaxed.

Oh Olivia Beach, how I miss you already.

Bennett loved it too, he got to play a lot and loved being around his cousins.

"Bennett Tabor" means blessed drummer.
I will not be surprised if he becomes a drummer, he loves it:

Almost ready to walk by himself:

So excited that he conqured the stairs on his very first try:
Walking to the beach:
Olivia Beach is so pretty, it reminds me of a movie set:
The stairs down to the beach:
Totally reminds me of MC Escher:


Bennett loves riding on Chris's back, he almost falls asleep every time:
Walking around the amazing tidepools:


Our niece and nephew:

Giant starfish and sea anemones:
The starfish kind of reminds me of brains:

Our cute little house:

Little Bubs:


Roasted starbursts=amazing.
2nd degree burns from keeping a roasted starburst from falling on the ground=not so amazing
The fam minus my bro (who left early), the rest of my nephew (can you see the top of his head?) and my mom (who was taking the picture):
Our happy little family:

Until next year...

6 comments

  1. Olivia on September 29, 2010 at 3:20 PM

    ugh i love looking at your pictures. so stinkin cute. always makes me want babies

     
  2. Kira on September 29, 2010 at 7:45 PM

    That sounds like so much fun! I need a relaxing vacation like that right about now. Looks like Bennett loved it!

     
  3. Lauren on September 29, 2010 at 9:22 PM

    i just told craig i want to go to olivia beach. asap.

     
  4. Becca on September 29, 2010 at 9:39 PM

    Lauren! There are a few other little community owned by the same company...one is called Seabrook and is about 3 hours north of Portland and I know it has smaller cottages that run about $99 a night which is not bad at all! You should definitely look into it!

     
  5. Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved on October 4, 2010 at 12:31 PM

    Hi Becca! I just found your blog through Life in Technicolor!
    You have an adorable family!
    glad to be a new follower!
    =)

     
  6. Yelena on October 4, 2010 at 3:09 PM

    It looks like such a great getaway!
    lovely blog!
    your family is so beautiful!: )

     


Post a Comment

Leave me some love!