One of my favorite things is finding a new recipe that we all love and is healthy. A meal that meets that criteria immediately gets put into our regular dinner rotation. Now that it's cooler out, I'm not afraid to turn on the stove/oven so I've been cooking a lot more comfort food (and who doesn't like comfort food?!)
Also, it's been forever since I've shared my recent favorite recipes!

Here are a few meals I think your should try out asap:

Roasted Zucchini, Black Bean and Goat Cheese Enchiladas
recipe and picture via a sprouted kitchen

I have been making a creamy chicken enchilada for forever, but wanted to find a healthier alternative.
I tried these ones out (with the TJ's enchilada sauce) and they were so good that Chris said he didn't even miss the old ones (his all-time favorite meal) and now wants me to make these every week!

Cashew Pesto Pizza
recipe an picture via hespeaksinthesilence

We love pesto and homemade pizza, so a while back I tried out this recipe (that just so happens to be my friend Elizabeth's own recipe) which uses cashews instead of the traditional pine nuts for the pesto 'sauce'.
The cashews give the pesto so much flavor, I will never use pine nuts again! 

Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
recipe and picture via Real Mom Kitchen

If we've had you over in the last couple of months, chances are this is what I made. I have turned on the oven on hot summer days in order to make these fajitas and it is SO worth it! I add strips of zucchini because I am obsessed with it and must add it to everything. 
Top with avocado, greek yogurt and a squeeze of lime.

Peperonata Sandwich
recipe and picture via Whole Living

I made these for the first time a couple of days ago. 
Super tasty. 
Sandwiches definitely don't need meat to taste good!
(especially when there's crusty bread)

Black Bean, Sweet Potato and Quinoa Chili
recipe and picture via The Kitchn

This chili on top of TJ's cornbread mix on a cold day is dangerously good.

Black Bean and Veggie Baked Potatoes
recipe and picture via My Recipes

Baked potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. 
These are really tasty, while still being nutritious.

Pan Seared Honey-Glazed Salmon with Browned Butter Lime Sauce
picture and recipe via Cooking Classy

Everyone needs to try this recipe. 
There are a lot of steps in the prep but it comes together quicky and easily. 
Probably the best salmon I've ever had!
(I know that butter sauce isn't the healthiest but you only need a tiny bit to get the full effect)

I haven't tried these next two recipes but they are on the menu next and they sound so good!

Double Bean Burgers with Avocado Basil Cream Sauce
picture and recipe via How Sweet Eats

Sweet Potato Burgers
picture and recipe via How Sweet Eats

Also, I made veggie sloppy joes lastnight and was reminded of why they are one of our favorite meals!

Okay that's it for now.
Do you guys have a favorite recipe you can wait to heat the house up with?

1 Comment

  1. Kira on October 13, 2012 at 3:15 PM

    Chris is a lucky man.

     


Post a Comment

Leave me some love!